Welcome to the home page of the Section on Geriatrics of the American Physical Therapy Association. Geriatrics, health care concerned with the aging, is a rapidly growing specialty in physical therapy. The Section on Geriatrics supports those therapists, assistants, and students that work with an aging population in roles of advocacy, direct patient care, consultation, supervision, and education. The Section on Geriatrics was formed in 1978 to address the needs of the physical therapy practitioner working with the aging client. The Section represents and serves over 5,700 members with a wide array of services and benefits. Learn More
Get Social with the Section!
- Application deadline for Specialist Certification in Geriatrics is July 31, 2013.
- CMS updates Functional Reporting Requirement
- FAQs from Recent Medicare Webinars Available for SOG Members
- 2013 Medicare Update Webinars Available for Sale
- Section on Geriatrics Donates to the Foundation for Physical Therapy
- Section Board Seeks Your Feedback on Proposed Name Change
- Can't Attend the APTA Conference in June? Attend Virtually!
- Section on Geriatrics Recommended Outcome Measures for Medicare Functional Limitation/Severity Reporting
- Sherri Betz presentation of the National Osteoporosis Foundation Webinar: Safe Pilates and Yoga for Bone Health now available.