Welcome to the home page of the Section on Geriatrics of the American Physical Therapy Association. Geriatrics, health care concerned with the aging, is a rapidly growing specialty in physical therapy. The Section on Geriatrics supports those therapists, assistants, and students that work with an aging population in roles of advocacy, direct patient care, consultation, supervision, and education. The Section on Geriatrics was formed in 1978 to address the needs of the physical therapy practitioner working with the aging client. The Section represents and serves over 5,700 members with a wide array of services and benefits. Learn More
Get Social with the Section!
- The All New 2014 Section on Geriatrics Calendars are Here - Order Yours Today!
- Section Members to Vote on Bylaws Amendment Regarding Name Change at CSM
- Section Election Results Announced
- Congress Has Less Than 60 Days to Stop the Therapy Cap: Take Action Today!
- CSM 2014! Las Vegas. See Our Programming
- State of Aging and Health in America 2013 Report
- Section Board Seeks Your Feedback on Proposed Name Change